Wednesday 15 October 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Originally hosted by Breaking the Spine

Hey guys!!
So I've survived the first half of my first semester, today I had my last and final midterm, and so far I've excelled and passed the first one, now to find out the rest. Once this week is over I have a nice week long break where I will continue to find a new job and be as dedicated as possible to Crazy Antics. With my semester being over that means that October is almost over and that means that NaNoWriMo is just two very short weeks away. For all who don't know what NaNoWriMo is you should really check it out when you have a chance here. What it is, is writing a novel well 50,000 words in the span of a month. I have been attempting to do this for I think three years now and have failed year after year. Last year I made a good attempt and then work got really busy and I had no life this year I've got school to keep me really busy and CA therefore I have no life CA is my life, I love my blog and I hate it when I don't post and I'm not on as often, but as I was saying before I got sidetracked with my devotion, I am going to make a strong attempt, and this year I'm not planning I've already got the novel in my head it's one I've been trying to write forever but keeps changing. So hey I'm going to give it a try and well if I fail at least I can say I tried. Anywho back to the topic at hand before I get totally carried away, this weeks Waiting on Wednesday!

This week two books with covered I'm seriously attracted too!!


Suspicion 

by 
Alexandra Monir

Release Date: December 9th 2014
by 
Delacorte Press

Genre/s: Young Adult & Mystery

Add to Goodreads

Description

Mysterious. Magnificent. Creepy. Welcome to Rockford Manor.

"There's something hidden in the Maze." Seventeen-year-old Imogen has never forgotten the last words her father said to her seven years ago, before the blazing fire that consumed him, her mother, and the gardens of her family's English country manor.

Haunted by her parents' deaths, Imogen moves to New York City with her new guardians. But when a letter arrives with the news of her cousin's untimely death, revealing that Imogen is now the only heir left to run the estate, she returns to England and warily accepts her role as duchess.

All is not as it seems at Rockford, and Imogen quickly learns that dark secrets lurk behind the mansion's aristocratic exterior, hinting that the spate of deaths in her family were no accident. And at the center of the mystery is Imogen herself--and Sebastian, the childhood friend she has secretly loved for years. Just what has Imogen walked into?

Combining a fresh twist on the classic REBECCA with a spine-tingling mystery and powerful romance, SUSPICION is an action-packed thrill ride.

The description kind of reminds me of a cinematic at the beginning of a haunted find and seek game that you can play on the computer.


No Place to Fall

by 
Jaye Robin Brown

Release Date: December 9th 2014
by 
Harper Teen

Genre/s: Young Adult & Contemporary

Add to Goodreads

Description

Amber Vaughn is a good girl. She sings solos at church, babysits her nephew after school, and spends every Friday night hanging out at her best friend Devon’s house. It’s only when Amber goes exploring in the woods near her home, singing camp songs with the hikers she meets on the Appalachian Trail, that she feels free—and when the bigger world feels just a little bit more in reach.

When Amber learns about an audition at the North Carolina School of the Arts, she decides that her dream—to sing on bigger stages—could also be her ticket to a new life. Devon’s older (and unavailable) brother, Will, helps Amber prepare for her one chance to try out for the hypercompetitive arts school. But the more time Will and Amber spend together, the more complicated their relationship becomes . . . and Amber starts to wonder if she’s such a good girl, after all.

Then, in an afternoon, the bottom drops out of her family’s world—and Amber is faced with an impossible choice between her promise as an artist and the people she loves. Amber always thought she knew what a good girl would do. But between “right” and “wrong,” there’s a whole world of possibilities.

The cover is really adorable, I love it!!! Really can't wait to read this one!!


That's this weeks Waiting on Wednesday, let us know what you think in the comments below!! Thanks for reading, and have a fabulous week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment