Wednesday 1 October 2014

Book Review: Love Finds You by Ivy Alexander

Title: Love Finds You
Author: Ivy Alexander
Series: Helena's Grove - #1
ISBN-13:
Publisher:
Release Date: June 7th 2014
Genre/s: Contemporary Romance
Format: E-Book; 176 pages
Source: Bought

Add to Goodreads

Buy: Amazon  Kobo  B&N  ITunes

Synopsis

Jennifer Berkley is a straightforward, ambitious, soon-to-be lawyer in the fast, driven city of New York. She doesn’t have the patience or time to deal with people who can’t or won’t give her what she wants. When her father asks her to visit her aunt in Ohio as her last dying wish, Jen is immediately resistant, but reconsiders when her father makes her an offer she can’t refuse. 

Jen finds Ohio a much different pace than New York, and is beginning to enjoy country life when she meets Zack LaFaye, a good-looking, helpful man who is adored by her aunt. Each encounter with him leaves Jen flustered and annoyed. The question is glaring: does she have feelings for him, or does she hate him so much that she can’t decide? ...


Amidst a country backdrop, Jen discovers feelings and experiences no city girl is prepared for. As the summer unfolds, she finds herself questioning everything. Using her skill and training as a lawyer, Jen uncovers a trail of deceit she didn’t see coming. With a vengeance, she is determined to find out the truth. Someone is lying to her, but who? 

Love Finds You is full of charming intrigue, with twists and turns that will leave you breathless as Jen must decipher her feelings, and the truth. 

My Thoughts:

It was very short and sweet, something that I wasn't expecting. I really enjoyed it. There were a few things that I didn't like that I managed to overlook. 

The plot keeps you wondering with every turn, the longer that Jennifer stays in Ohio. It also left me with a lot of unanswered questions about Jennifer's family and why it had taken so long for her to reach out to them or them to her. Everyone needs family. 

I didn't really enjoy Jennifer's stuck up personality, and who brings a pair of heels to the country? I thought she was supposed to be smart. It really astonished me that she had never owned a pair of jeans. I mean yes she's a lawyer but what the heck did she wear on the weekends when she wasn't at work? Besides aren't Jeans part of the latest fashion trend?

I really loved her aunt, a woman with a big heart and lots of wisdom who seemed to have lived the world through and through to be so....
I wish I had an aunt like her. Jennifer is very lucky to have met her, her father be damned. 

Zack is just the kind of man she needed in her life, a man not confined by the rules of her lawyer/New York world. I hope they live happily ever after. 

My Rating: 4/5









No comments:

Post a Comment